August 11, 2010

Releases/Ono Screening

Greetings Spy Vibers! I've just finished a move to a fab lair north of the Golden Gate Bridge (no, not with Grace Jones), and I'll have limited Internet for a bit longer. I ran across additional Beatles releases due out in the fall that I think will interest fans. Astrid Kirchherr, famed Hamburg photographer, is having a retrospective and a catalog book is avaiable for pre-order on Amazon. You'll also find a new combined edition of John Lennon's whimsical, satirical drawings and writings, In His Own Write and A Spaniard in the Works. Also, this news intercepted today:

Apple Corps will reissue remastered versions of the Red (1962-1966) and Blue (1967-1970) albums in October. The albums, originally released in 1973, will both be 2 CD packages with an expanded booklet featuring the original liner notes, rare photos and newly written essays. EMI will release the albums on October 15.

In related news, my experimental film for Yoko Ono (soundtrack by me and Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band), will be screening at the bwac gallery in Brooklyn, NY this Saturday afternoon at 3:00pm.



No comments:

Post a Comment