April 5, 2010

NYC AUTO SHOW 1965

NYC AUTO SHOW 1965
British Pathe gives a short glimpse into the 1965 New York Auto Show. The clip starts interestingly with a split-second of footage of The Beatles accepting an award, seemingly a mistake that reminds me of the band's own happy accident of splicing the song Her Majesty at the end of the Abbey Road reel. After surveying a number of cool sports cars (and models), the camera targets the biggest car celebrity of all time, the James Bond Aston Martin DBV with gadgets rigged up to work for such appearances. Click the image to see the film at British Pathe.
Incidentally, Spy Vibers may enjoy seeing the book, Car Girls, by Photographer Jacqueline Hassink.

MOTOR SHOW

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh, a book on car girls? I love cars, and I love girls. My wife doesn't mind my love of cars, but I better limit my love of girls to one.

    Retrohound.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. smart man! the photographs are pretty cool, especially a few from Japanese companies that strike a more retro look and fashion. in the pathe clip, there's a model with a leopard- has a honey west vibe ;)

    ReplyDelete