April 29, 2010

GROOVE WEEK: NICOLA CONTE

GROOVE WEEK: NICOLA CONTE
Spy Vibe's Groove Week continues with Italian maestro, Nicola Conte. Conte's
Jet Sounds (2001) reintroduced retro soundtrack jazz to the masses when his song, Bossa Per Due, was picked up for auto commercial licensing spots. The album was remixed by Thievery Corporation and others for Jet Sounds Revisited (2002). That's where I entered the picture, standing at a listening kiosk at the HMV in Shibuya. I found myself taking the train over there just to hear Conte's incredible grooves. The third trip was the charm and it's been a fave CD ever since. Check out Nicola Conte's website to see some cool comic-style graphics and to hear samples of some of his projects since Jet Sounds.

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys, my name's Li from Romania and I wanna THAAAANK you, both you guys and the MCM site, for all the grooviness you bring. Thanks! I'm hooked

    ReplyDelete