March 22, 2017

SPY VIBE RADIO 1

Greetings Spy Vibers! It's been super busy here in the Spy Vibe lair. My art students have been getting portfolios ready to publish for our annual exhibit, and I start teaching a weeklong course about Japanese culture and aesthetics on Monday. I've also been working on a secret radio project! Yes, you heard that right. Friends, it's time to cue up some cool soundtracks on the Hi-Fi! I've teamed up with Cocktail Nation, that swinging show out of Australia, and every month I will be introducing one of my favorite spy films/series and talking about the music. We just launched the first show and you can check it out here (my section about Danger Man starts around 7:15). More about Cocktail Nation: Each week host Koop Kooper talks to the movers and shakers of the lounge and tiki scene and plays the very best in swingin' tunes. Koop is a DJ, writer, and voiceover artist who lives in a Penthouse overlooking Sydney. After my Spy Vibe segments, I hope you'll hang around his lair and groove to his hip platters. See you on the flip side and ENJOY!


Selected Spy Vibe Posts: 1966 Pep SpiesBatman Book InterviewExclusive Fleming InterviewAvengers Comic StripsRobert Vaughn RIPUNCLE FashionsThunderbirds Are Pop!, Interview:Spy Film GuideLost Avengers FoundThe Callan FileMission Impossible 50thGreen Hornet 50thStar Trek 50thPortmeirion Photography 1Filming the PrisonerGaiman McGinnins ProjectIan Fleming GraveRevolver at 50Karen Romanko InterviewMod Tales 2Umbrella Man: Patrick MacneeNew Beatles FilmThe Curious CameraEsterel Fashion 1966Exclusive Ian Ogilvy Interview007 Tribute CoversThe Phantom Avon novels returnIan Fleming FestivalArgoman DesignSylvia Anderson R.I.P.Ken Adam R.I.P.George Martin R.I.P.The New Avengers ComicsTrina Robbins InterviewThe Phantom at 80007 MangaAvengerworld BookDiana Rigg Auto ShowThe Prisoner Audio Drama ReviewDavid McCallum novelAndre Courreges R.I.P.Who's Talking on Spy VibeUFO Blu-rayAvengers Pop Art 

No comments:

Post a Comment